A church on Giudecca island
Sant’Eufemia church on Giudecca island was originally dedicated to four saints; of those, only the first name remained.
Dating back to IX century, the external porch was added to it only in 1883. This porch originally belonged to the church of San Biagio e Cataldo nearby, which was demolished to build the Molino Stucky, a windmill (today a hotel). The founder and owner of the windmill, Giovanni Stucky, paid for the moving of the XVI century porch to this church, and the same for the Crucifixion which is now on the main door.
Sant’Eufemia church is located on the canal side of the island, facing Zattere.
- Giudecca 680, Fondamenta del Rio de S. Eufemia, 30133 - Venezia
- Water bus Line 2, 4.1, 4.2, 8, N | Palanca