Dedicated to the inventor of Fortuny fabrics
Fortuny museum was created in 1956 by the widow of Spanish artist Mariano Fortuny (painter, scene designer and fashion designer), and contains part of its heterogeneous production: from paintings to design lamps, from photographs to fabrics.
He was the founder of the Fortuny factory on Giudecca island (still existing), where precious fabrics are produced following the original technique that he invented. Fortuny fabrics are also on display in the Fortuny museum.
Fortuny museum is located on campo San Beneto; the closest vaporetto stop is Sant’Angelo, on the Grand canal.
- San Marco 3958, 30124 - Venezia
- +39 041 52 00 995
- +39 041 52 23 088
- Web Site
- Opening hours
- All days
Closed on Tuesdays
- Water bus Line 1 | Sant' Angelo