A sacked church
Sant’Agnese church of Venice was built in the X or XI century, and rebuilt in the XII after a fire. It was a place where the consequences of Napoleon’s laws concerning the suppression of churches, convents and even religious orders have hit the most, as it was almost completely sacked and cleaned out of its furnishing and pieces of art.
It was then used as a warehouse, to reopen in 1872 after a restoration by the Cavanis friars’ convent and school, to which it still belongs.
- Dorsoduro, Campo Sant'Agnese, 30123 - Venezia
- Water bus Line 2, 5.1, 5.2, 6, 8, 10, 16, N | Zattere