A church facing its reformer's portrait
Santa Fosca church was built in X century to worship the body of the Saint, which had just been brought to Venice. The building was renovated and reconsacrated in 1733, while the facade is from 1741 (author unknown).
The church is located on campo Santa Fosca, on the busy Strada Nova which connects the railway station with Rialto bridge. Just in front of the church stays the statue of Paolo Sarpi, a famous intellectual and church reformer who defended the Republic of Venice during its fight with Roman church in XVII century.
- Cannaregio, Campo Santa Fosca, 30121 - Venezia
- Water bus Line 1, N | Ca’ d’Oro