Walking on Sant'Angelo square, Venice
Sant’Angelo church in Venice was dedicated to San Michele Arcangelo (Archangel Micheal) and was located on what today is known as campo Sant’Angelo, a wide square close to Santo Stefano. However, the church, founded in the X century and closed during the French occupation, was demolished by the Austrians in 1837.
Nowadays, what is left on Sant’Angelo is just the small Oratory of the Annunciation, and a well decorated with images of Archangel Micheal.
From Sant’Angelo square, it is possible to admire a curious leaning bell tower, which belongs to the close Santo Stefano church.
- San Marco, Campo Sant' Angelo, 30124 - Venezia
- Water bus Line 1 | Sant' Angelo