Not only Venice: here there are the new discovery tours of the region
Often people arriving in Venice stops here, even if only for a while, but you lose the visit of a region truly extraordinary.
Here are some of our suggestions to discover the Veneto.
* THE DOLOMITES The Tour takes us into the Dolomites, the UNESCO World Natural Heritage. Enjoy the scenic beauty of nature, the spectacular mountain peaks, the emerald green lakes! Explore Cortina d’Ampezzo, take in the thrilling views of Lake Misurina and the Sorapiss Peaks, the Tre Cime di Lavaredo, Lake Auronzo. Duration 8 hours. The tour is be availabile Tuesdays and Fridays. Cost € 119,00 per person.
* VERONA AND AMARONE Verona, two thousand years of history and beauty. Spread along the banks of the Adige River, the city is famous for more than just its association with Shakespeare’s love story. Its artistic and architectural treasures include the magnificent Arena, the Roman amphitheatre built in the first century AD and Juliet’s House. Drive into the heart of the wine-growing region famous for Valpolicella and Amarone to enjoy the perfect synthesis of love, landscape, culture and history. Duration 8 hours. The tour is be availabile on Mondays and Thursdays. Cost € 140,00 per person.
* MEDIOVAL TOWNS The tour will take you into the province of Vicenza to the medieval town of Marostica, celebrated for its Piazza Castello where the famous living game of chess is played, charming Bassano del Grappa and its wooden covered bridge designed by Palladio, and into the hills of the Treviso Mark and enchanting Asolo, known as ‘the city of one thousand horizons”. Duration 8 hours. The tour is be availabile on Wednesday. Cost € 115,00 per person.
* FRIULI AND COLLIO GASTRONOMIC TOUR This tour is a tribute to the rolling landscape of north-eastern Italy, its superb cuisine and great wines. The tour will be dedicated to visiting the most important wine-producing areas from eastern Veneto to the Collio area in Friuli, best known for its prized white wines, on the hills east of Cividale. Here you will visit a vineyard that produces top quality wines. You will have the opportunity to enjoy a wine tasting including spectacular white wines and full-bodied red wines like Cabernet, Merlot, Refosco and Tocai Friulano. Lunch is scheduled in a typical restaurant near the border with Slovenia with a menu based on local specialities, accompanied by another famous local wine, Schioppettino, and a grappa tasting as the perfect close to the meal. The tour includes a visit to Cividale, the charming medieval town of Roman origin on the banks of the Natisone river, spanned by the impressive Devil’s Bridge. Duration 8 hours. The tour is be availabile on Wednesday. Cost € 149,00 per person.
* WINE TOUR, ROADS OF DOGES Drive through the easternmost part of Veneto to the lagoon towns of Caorle and Bibione, between the rivers Lemene and Livenza, where the provinces of Treviso and Pordenone meet to encompass the wine-producing area called ” the Doges’ vineyards”. Here grapes have been grown since Roman times and in particular during the heyday of the Serenissima Republic. In these areas between land and water, drive along the Lison Pramaggiore DOC Wine Route, established in 1986 to showcase a landscape combining history, gastronomic heritage and excellent wines. Duration 5 hours. The tour is be availabile on tuesday and saturday. Cost € 72,00 per person.