The Forti in Mestre
Venice city of water, in 1800, began to fear the siege from the earth. And therefore built a complex defense system that included the building of Forts and powder magazines . The entrenched camp of Mestre, comprising more than 12 Forti, have immense historical and cultural value as well as a great naturalistic importance due to their wide ditches up to 50 meters and the fields in which you can find species of flora and fauna in danger of extinction . After their disposal , these structures have long been abandoned and inaccessible. Thanks to the efforts of the City and associations , the Forts are now almost all become a legacy for the city and are used for different uses. A trip to the Forts is for fascinating for both adults as well as children.
The guided tour is only possible within the Forts listed below , the only ones available to the public :
Forte Marghera is located in Mestre, in Via Forte Marghera, and is the oldest of the highlights of the entrenched camp of Mestre. Its construction dates back to the early 1800s , through the work of the Austrians. Forte Marghera is the first example of a building erected to defend Venice from attack by land. The fort can be visited free of charge by booking a visit to the number 041.5319706, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Forte Carpenedo is in Carpenedo, in Via Vallon. It was built in the late 800’s in support of Forte Marghera. Inside were reconstructed military circles as the room of the officer, the commandant’s office, infirmary, cafeteria, dorm rooms, stables . The visits take place thanks to the volunteers who accompany visitors on the first Sunday of the month, or by appointment during the week. The contact number is 041.5352041, or email: email@example.com.
Forte Gazzera is at Gazzera, in Via Brendole. It differs from Fort Carpenedo only for certain construction details. Today it is home to a “Museum of the traditional human activities in the Venetian hinterland.” The tours are run by the Committee Forte Gazzera, with volunteers who accompany visitors on the first Sunday of the month. There are three visits in the morning and three in the afternoon. For guided tours for groups (minimum 15 people) , during the week you should contact the number 041.910021 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . Minimum bid € 35 .
The Polveriera Bazzera is situated in Tessera, in via Bazzera and is the only one left up to the present day. The powder magazines were built from 1910 onwards to enhance the entrenched camp. The tours are run by the Comitato Culturale Ricreativo Tessera. For more information: email@example.com .
Forte Tron is situated in Marghera, via Colombara and is the “twin” of Forte Carpenedo and Forte Gazzera . Thanks to its environmental, natural , the Province of Venice ranked him as the Oasis of wildlife protection . The tours are run by the Cooperative Limosa and can be booked at 041.932003 or by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
They are not visited FORTE COSENZ , FORTE MEZZACAPO, FORTE PEPE, MANIN FORTE , FORTE ROSSAROL , FORTE SIRTORI, FORTE POERIO .