How to reach Venice from the Marco Polo airport
This is the third largest airport in Italy, located a few kilometres from the centre of Mestre and from the historic city centre of Venice.
For real-time information on flights and on available services, please consult the website www.veniceairport.it.
As you leave the airport, you have several different options to reach Venice:
ON THE WATER
This company offers transportation by boat at an affordable cost.
- The Blue line, route: Murano (Colonna) – F.te Nove – Ospedale – Bacini – Lido (S.M.E.) – Arsenale – San Zaccaria – San Marco – Zitelle – Zattere – Giudecca (Hilton) and Terminal Crociere.
- The Orange line, route: F.te Nove – Madonna dell’Orto – Guglie – San Stae – Rialto – S.Angelo – Ca’ Rezzonico – San Marco.
- The Red line, route: Murano (Museo) – Certosa – Lido (S.M.E.) – San Marco.
A 24-hour ticket costs 30 €, the 72-hour ticket costs 65€.
A one-way ticket to the Lido costs 15 €, a return ticket costs 27 €. Up to Murano the cost is 8 €, if you buy a return ticket you spend 15 €. The ticket includes one piece of heavy luggage and one of hand luggage. The ticket may be purchased at the Alilaguna stand in the Arrivals area, or directly online at the portal www.venicelink.com. For further details and information on prices and navigation schedules, please consult the Alilaguna website: www.alilaguna.it.
You may also reach your destination by water on a private taxi. It can carry up to 10 people. Up to 5 people, the price remains the same, each additional passenger will pay a supplement of 10 euro plus 5 euro for each piece of luggage. An addition surcharge of 10 euro will be applied for night service.
In the airport terminal, all the major car rental companies are represented with their own booths.
In about 15 minutes they will take you to Piazzale Roma
ACTV bus service
- To Venice: line 5 – AeroBus, takes about 20 minutes.
- To Mestre: lines 4, 15 and 45 will take you to the city centre and the train station in Mestre.
Prices: 6 € one-way, 11 € return ticket. 12 € for the Aero-Bus + navigation service, valid for 90 minutes from the moment the ticket is stamped. Tickets may be purchased at the Hellovenezia booth in the airport.