Ca' d'Oro Palace
Ca d’Oro palace is not only one of the most beautiful palaces on the Grand Canal, but it is also considered the symbol of Venetian Gothic architecture. Palazzo Ca’ d’Oro was named after the golden (d’oro) decorations that once existed on its facade – now they have been canceled by the centuries.
Built by Contarini family between 1422 and 1440, the facade of Ca’ d’Oro palace features the symbols of Fortune, Justice and Charity, and the coat of arms of the first owners. Since 1895, the palazzo became property of Giorgio Franchetti, who restored it and left it to the State in order to make it a museum, where his personal art collection is on display.
Ca d’Oro palace is in the sestiere of Cannaregio, facing the Grand Canal. Water bus stop: Ca’ d’Oro.
- Cannaregio 3932, 30121 - Venezia
- +39 041 52 38 790
- Water bus Line 1 | Ca’ d’Oro