Surrounded by modern facilities
Sant’Andrea Apostolo church in Santa Croce neighbourhood was founded in 1329 by four Venetian noble women as the oratory of an hospice for poor women.
The annexed convent was housing women who were living according to the Augustinian rule. To remark, the barco (nuns’ covered corridor), and paintings by Tintoretto, Bordon and Veronese.
The today’s facade is XV century Gothic style.
Closed by Napoleon (who also demolished the annexed convent), the church is now the atelier of a local artist.
Sant’Andrea Apostolo church in Venice is located on the backside of Piazzale Roma, the bus terminal of Venice, and it is surrounded by parkings and modern facilities, such as the People Mover’s monorail.
- Santa Croce, Campo Sant'Andrea, 30135 - Venezia
- Water bus Line 1, 2, 3, 4.1, 4.2, 5.1, 5.2, 6, N | P.zzle Roma