San Nicolò da Tolentino / dei Tolentini (Church)

Facade is Neoclassical style

 Tolentini church, officially San Nicolò da Tolentino church, was founded in the XVI century, upon arrival to Venice of the Theatines order in 1527, after the Sack of Rome. The facade is Neoclassical style, designed by Scamozzi and Tirali.
Just like San Salvador church, Tolentini church was also bombed by Austrians: in 1849, a cannon ball broke down the dome. That cannon ball can now be seen on the facade.

San Nicolò da Tolentino church is located in Santa Croce district, close to the bus terminal Piazzale Roma.
At its side is the former Theatines convent, today the main site of IUAV, the University of Architecture of Venice, with entrance by contemporary architect Carlo Scarpa.

Santa Croce 265, Campo dei Tolentini, 30135 - Venezia
+39 041 52 28 061
Opening hours
All days
Water bus Line 1, 2, 3, 4.1, 4.2, 5.1, 5.2, 6, N | P.zzle Roma