Wagner’s Events 2013
In 2013, the bicentenary of the birth of Richard Wagner, who had a special relationship with Venice because you spent several years of his life to find death at his home in Ca’ Vendramin Calergi, now the Casino.
To celebrate the artist, itinerarie sare designed that cover his stay in the city:
* Route 1 GRAND CANAL starting from Ple Roma, the route takes you through the Papadopoli Gardens, Ca ‘Vendramin Calergi (where the artist spent a year of his life and died), Rialto, Ca’ Giustiniani, Riva dei Sette Martyrs and the Lido.
* Route 2 SAN MARCO takes place between Piazza San Marco and its cafés, Palazzo Ducale, the Teatro La Fenice and the Conservatorio Benedetto Marcello in which are retained even some musical instruments donated by Wagner.
* Route 3 CASTELLO takes place starting from the area of the garden where the artist used to walk through the Arsenal, Riva degli Schiavoni, the Church of Piety up to the Ponte della Canonica.
* Route 4 CANNAREGIO is built on Ca ‘Vendramin Calergi where you can visit the rooms of Richard Wagner, the Ca’ D’Oro, the Church of Miracles (defined by the artist as a casket) up to the Bridge of Rialto.
* Route 5 SAN POLO DORSODURO takes place starting from the Rialto Bridge across the erbaria and the fish, the Frari Church and the Academy.
If you want to know more, do not hesitate to contact us.